Baked Brie with Honey Pears and Toasted Walnut is an easy appetizer that deserves a spot on your holiday table.
Thanksgiving is only a week or so away. Do you have your menu already prepped and ready? Or do you wing it by the seat of your pants? Even though I don’t plan most things, Thanksgiving dinner is something I don’t mess around with. Since I’m the cooking the entire meal, it helps to know what I’m in for. Usually, I stick with the classics but this year I’m straying from tradition. I’ve traded in the standard cheeseboard for this Baked Brie with Honey Pears and Toasted Walnuts.
Baked Brie is the best of both worlds – it looks elegant but only requires three ingredients. Plus, it tastes downright amazing. The creamy cheese pairs beautifully with the pears sautéed in honey and rosemary.
I chose not to wrap this Baked Brie in puff pastry since I don’t feel as if it’s necessary. I prefer seeded crackers to cut down on the richness of this appetizer. Or on a board with prosciutto and other cured meat products. Enjoy!
Baked Brie with Honey Pears and Toasted Walnuts
Yield 4 servings
1 (9 ounce) round Brie
2 pears, chopped
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
Handful of walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place brie in a baking dish. Bake for 5 - 7 minutes or until the cheese is oozing slightly.
- In the meantime, saute pears in a skillet over medium heat with honey and chopped rosemary, until soft. Set aside.
- In another skillet, toast walnuts until golden brown. Set aside.
- Take brie out of the oven. Top with sauteed pears and toasted walnuts. Serve.